Occupational Therapy Treatment Programs
Mental Health Return to Work Services
Mental Health Service Intake
This detailed assessment establishes the client’s current occupational performance issues. It is designed to gather subjective and objective information on the individual in order to develop a comprehensive treatment plan. This is a pre-requisite for all mental health services excluding the Psychosocial Job Demands Analysis and the Healthy Workplace Initiatives.
Additional features include:
- A 2-3 hour interview that includes a standardized occupational performance measure and depression scale.
- A report recommending a treatment plan and/or further assessment is provided.
Specialized Mental Health Treatment Services
This includes a variety of specialized services designed specifically for the individual based on the intake evaluation.
Additional features include:
- Education and skill development may include illness education, assertiveness training, relaxation training, workload management, stress management and healthy lifestyle education.
- A gradual return to work plan may be implemented.
- Job accommodations can be recommended.
- Therapist can provide onsite training and education to employers and co-workers regarding mental illness, stigma and positive work culture.
Activation/ Community Integration Services
This is intended for individuals who are having difficulty accomplishing activities of daily living at home and in the community.
- An individualized program is developed to gradually increase activities of daily living and community involvement.
- Maintaining ones involvement in life roles will be critical to recovery.
- Staff are available in the community to support individuals.
A comprehensive 8-week program that examines assertiveness and provides individuals with the tools for more effective communication at work and in their everyday lives.
- Can be taught individually or in a group setting. A minimum of 6 people is required to run a group.
- Includes a 130-page manual for the participant.
- A modified program is available for companies to avail of at the worksite.
Over 6 sessions participants will learn about stress, its effect on the body and ways to reduce it through several effective relaxation techniques.
- Can be taught individually or in a group setting. A minimum of 4 people is required to run a group.
- Includes a relaxation CD for each participant.
Psychosocial Job Demands Analysis
An onsite analysis of the cognitive, behavioral and emotional demands of a specific jobsite, school site or workstation.
- Includes a 2-3 hour on-site evaluation.
- Report includes a summary of subjective and objective information gathered on a variety of topics including amount of supervision required, deadline pressure, exposure to emotional situations and literacy requirements as well as many other areas.
Psychosocial Job Match
This assesses the match between the client’s behavioral and cognitive abilities and the psychosocial demands of a specific job. A subjective and objective analysis of the job and an objective evaluation of the client are analyzed in order to determine a client’s ability to perform a specific position.
Healthy Workplace Initiatives
IOHS offers a variety of workshops and seminars available for the worksite.
- Assertiveness Training: A comprehensive 4 part course that teaches the fundamentals of assertiveness skills.
- Stress Management: 4 part course that examines the nature of stress and how to cope with it effectively.
- Workplace Wellness: A one hour seminar that examines the basics of health, nutrition, stress and positive workplace culture.
- We will customize an individualized workshop or presentation based upon the needs of your employees or your specific workplace issues/concerns.
IOHS's full range of treatment programs includes:
Clinic-Based Occupational Rehabilitation
Worksite Occupational Rehabilitation | Education/Ergonomic Consultation
Enhanced Fitness Program | Back Injury Prevention Program (BIPP)
Functional Hand Assessments and Customized Splinting
Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP)
Foot Assessments and Customized Orthotics
Mental Health Return-to-Work Services